Terms of Service
Holidays By Rail Limited (HBR) acts as an agent and works with many principals and contract suppliers. We can book a packaged holiday, in which case you will have one contract with the principal, or we can book the services that make up your holiday with different principals or suppliers, in which case you will have separate contracts with each of them. As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the principal(s) or supplier(s) or for the services provided by them. The principal’s(s’) or supplier’s (s’) Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Terms and conditions vary by principals or supplier and will be reviewed with you at time of booking and are also available in advance prior to booking by phoning Holidays By Rail Limited directly. Holidays By Rail Limited full agency terms of business are available on www.holidaysbyrail.com or in advance by phoning Holidays By Rail Limited directly.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION: To make a reservation, phone 0800 033 7960 or visit www.holidaysbyrail.com.
PAYMENT DETAILS: You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal(s) or supplier(s) who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the principal(s) or supplier(s) may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Terms and Conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) and you must pay us the cancellation or amendment charge stated below.
INSURANCE: 1) Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If you have purchased a policy through one of our suppliers, please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (e.g. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance. 2) Further details will be provided at time of booking.
FINANCIAL PROTECTION: All the packages we sell come with protection for your money. If you buy a single travel service then this might not apply. Package holidays are protected by the package organiser and we will provide you with their confirmation and ATOL certificate if a flight inclusive holiday. When you buy a flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. On all Flight inclusive holiday arrangements, your money is ATOL protected meaning that you will be able to continue with your holiday or receive a refund of the amount paid to us in the unlikely event of the insolvency of your service providers. Please note however that we have no liability beyond that for insolvency as set out in the ATOL scheme, because we act as agent of the suppliers.
- If the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS: All documents (e.g. invoices/tickets/Insurance policies) that require to be posted will be sent to you by First Class post. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to the charges stated below.
PRICES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Prices are subject to change without notice and all reservations are based on availability. Prices listed are person based on double occupancy.
- Holiday and peak travel periods may be subject to special payment and cancellation conditions.
- Advertised promotions are not retroactive to existing bookings.
- National Park fees for independent holidays in North America are not included in the cost of the reservation. They are your responsibility and are purchased at the applicable national park.
- Transportation services do restrict the size and weight of baggage. Information about baggage is available upon request from Holidays By Rail.
- Tour prices do not include gratuities, baggage handling and other incidental charges. Where rental cars are available, the rental does not include local taxes , airport fees and other insurance, gasoline and surcharges for drivers under the age of 25 (where applicable).
- All amenities shown for a particular hotel property may not be available in every room category. HBR reserves the right, at any time, to substitute comparable alternate accommodations. Special room requests, including bedding requests, will be communicated to the applicable party but cannot be guaranteed.
- HBR reserves the right not to honor any published prices or inclusions that HBR determines were erroneous due to printing, electronic or clerical error.
- HBR reserves the right to modify its Terms of Service at any time.
PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH: We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or
Consulates. Neither we nor the principal(s) or supplier(s) accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type. Please ask us for full details. We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances.
FINAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. Please ask us for details at least 72 hours before your outbound flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to Board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
COMPLAINTS: Because the contract(s) for your travel arrangements is between you and the principal(s) or supplier(s), any queries or concerns relating to the travel arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the principal/supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure, there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances. If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the principal/supplier. You will see the name and address plus contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. We will of course assist you with this if you wish – please contact Customer Services. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA Member then you have the option to use ABTA’s ADR scheme, approved by the Chartered Trading
Standards Institute, see www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
SERVICE CHARGES: In certain circumstances the principal(s) or supplier(s) may apply a service charge for their services these are listed in their terms and conditions and you will be advised at the time of booking if you are applicable for a service charge types of service charge are cancellation or amendment, special requests after booking has been confirmed, credit card charge which is currently 2%, arranging passport and visas or pre booking airline seats after a booking has been confirmed.
Holidays By Rail, is a member of ABTA with membership number L9330. ABTA and ABTA membership help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. For further information about ABTA, the Code of Conduct and the arbitration scheme available to you if you have a complaint, contact ABTA, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ. Tel: 020 3117 0500 or www.abta.com.