Premium Trans-Siberian Express in Winter
Travel on the incredible Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express train for an unforgettable 8,000 mile winter adventure.
Save up to £600 per person on select 2018 Worldwide rail holidays when booking on or before 28th February 2017.
- £600 per passenger discount on basic holiday costing £10,000 or more per person
- £300 per passenger discount on basic holiday costing between £5,000 - £9,999 per person
- £250 per passenger discount on basic holiday costing between £3,000 - £4,999 per person
- £200 per passenger discount on basic holiday costing between £2,000 - £2,999 per person
- £150 per passenger discount on basic holiday costing up to £2,000 per person
Qualifying holidays include:
- Highlights of the Baltics & Scandinavia
- Tracks of the Deep South
- Australia & The Ghan
- Grand Tour of India & Nepal
- Las Vegas & the Golden West
- The Harbin Ice Festival
- Norway in Winter
- Trans-Siberian Express
- Darjeeling & the Last Himalayan Kingdom
- South African Adventure
- Premium USA Coast to Coast
- Grand Arctic Circle Explorer
- Grand Tour of New Zealand
- Cape Town, The Blue Train & Kruger National Park
- The Canadian in Winter
- India’s Golden Triangle & Tiger Safari
- Namibia & the Pride of Africa
- The Canadian at Christmas
- The Trans-Siberian: Moscow to Beijing
- Premium Trans-Siberian Express in Winter
Witness the true splendour of Dr Zhivago landscapes from the warmth of your luxurious carriage and enjoy sleigh rides and choirs, saunas and troikas on our journey by private train to Vladivostok.
Highlights and Inclusions
- Exclusive meeting point at our dedicated Departure Office in St Pancras
- Rail travel London to Vladivostok (Standard Premier Class on Eurostar journeys) or outbound flight London to Moscow
- Aeroflot scheduled flight from Vladivostok to London via Moscow in Economy Class
- First Class rail travel from Brussels to Berlin and Berlin to Warsaw
- 12 nights on the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express (all meals and excursions as described are included)
- 2 /5 nights' hotel accommodation (rail/air option)
- 1 night on board the overnight sleeper train from Warsaw to Moscow (rail option only)
- 47 meals including 17 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 17 dinners
- City tour of Berlin with a local guide
- Guided tour of Warsaw
- Sightseeing tour of Moscow with a local guide
- Visits to Vladimir and Suzdal
- Tour of Novosibirsk
- Guided tour of Irkutsk, including a private concert
- Visit to the Ice Festival beside Lake Baikal and a snowmobile or dog troika ride across the frozen water
- Excursion to Ulan Ude's Old Believer's Village
- Visit to Ulaanbaatar's National Museum
- Guided city tour of Vladivostok
- The services of a professional UK Tour Manager from start to finish
Days 1 & 2 - To Berlin
We meet at our dedicated St Pancras Departure Office and embark on an extraordinary journey across almost half of the globe by train. We depart by Eurostar for Brussels in Standard Premier Class. In Brussels we join Europe's high-speed network, travelling in First Class via Cologne to Berlin, where we transfer to the 4-Star Maritim Hotel for a two-night stay. On Day 2 we enjoy a fascinating 'east meets west' tour of Berlin, admiring impressive Imperial buildings and introducing the sights of this once divided city. (Day 1 - L, D, Day 2 - B, D)
Days 3 & 4 - Warsaw & onto Moscow
Today we continue eastwards, travelling across the Polish border to the impressive city of Warsaw, where we spend the night. On Day 4 you have a free morning to explore the Polish capital. Take a stroll around Warsaw's quaint Old Town and explore the atmospheric streets, lined with merchants' houses, craft shops and cafés. Later we board the overnight sleeper train for a journey to Moscow. (Day 3 - B, D, Day 4 - B)
Days 5 & 6 - Moscow
After a journey across Poland and into Russia, we arrive in Moscow in the late morning. Upon leaving the train we transfer to the 5-star Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, where we later enjoy a welcome reception and dinner. On Day 6 we spend the day in Moscow and take a tour of its famous sights, including the Kremlin, Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral. Following dinner in a Moscow restaurant, this evening we join the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express, for our fabulous 12-night adventure to Vladivostok. (Day 5 - D, Day 6 - B, L, D)
Day 7 - Vladimir & Suzdal
Our first stop is Vladimir, one of Russia's oldest communities and a UNESCO World Heritage site. We visit the beautiful Uspensky Cathedral, the place where many of the most powerful Tsars were crowned. Later we move on to Suzdal, a perfectly preserved walled city dating back to 1024. Here we visit the atmospheric St Euthymius Monastery for an enchanting choral performance and enjoy a horse-drawn Troika sledge ride around Suzdal. (B, L, D)
Days 8 & 9 - Yekaterinburg & Novosibirsk
Today we cross the Europe-Asia divide and arrive in Yekaterinburg, founded in 1723 by Peter the Great. Here we visit the site where the Romanov family, headed by Tsar Nicholas II, was murdered in 1918, now marked by a church dedicated to their memory. On Day 9 we alight in Novosibirsk, the capital of Siberia, for a guided tour, taking in the world's largest Opera House, and Lenin's imposing statue. Alternatively you can head to the south of the city with a visit to the excellent railway museum which displays rolling stock from the late 1800s, including carriages of the Tsars through to the Soviet era. (Day 8 - B, L, D, Day 9 - B, L, D)
Days 10 & 11 - To Irkutsk
We spend Day 10 on the train enjoying the passing scenery as we travel through the Sayan Mountains. On Day 11 we arrive in Irkutsk, a city affectionately known as 'the Paris of Siberia'. During a sightseeing tour we visit the city's most significant sights and museums including some classic Siberian carved-wood architecture and the Decembrist House Museum. Here we enjoy a private concert, held in this famous outpost's most noted landmark, ahead of dinner this evening. (Day 10 - B, L, D, Day 11 - B, L, D)
Day 12 - Lake Baikal
Today we experience one of the true highlights of our journey through Siberia. The Golden Eagle skirts vast Lake Baikal, the world's largest freshwater lake, totally frozen at this time of year. We wind our way through tunnels and along cliff-hugging tracks before stopping to visit the Ice Festival. During our time here you also have the chance to experience a snowmobile or a dog troika ride. Or perhaps try your hand at ice-fishing and enjoy freshly caught fish, served warm with ice-cold vodka. (B, L, D)
Days 13-15 - Ulan Ude & Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Today we arrive in Ulan Ude, the capital of the Buryat Republic. Here we visit the Old Believer's Village, where we have the opportunity to learn about the culture and history of these religious people as we are treated to a traditional meal and enjoy a concert featuring local musicians and dancers. On Day 14 we arrive in Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia. Passing the Genghis Khan monument, we visit the National Museum before enjoying lunch in a traditional yurt. Day 15 is spent on board as we continue east through this vast and varied country. (Day 13 - B, L, D, Day 14 - B, L, D, Day 15 - B, L, D)
Days 16 & 17 - Remote Siberia
The train follows the Shilka and Amur Rivers close to the Chinese border. Our route takes us across an area of permafrost, as remote as it is dramatic. During Day 17 we reach the most easterly point of our journey and as we head towards the Pacific coast, we enjoy a farewell dinner on board. (Day 16 - B, L, D, Day 17 - B, L, D)
Days 18 & 19 - Vladivostok & London
After travelling across 11 time zones and over 8,000 train miles, our epic journey from London finishes on Day 18, as the Trans-Siberian Express arrives in Vladivostok. We take a tour of the city before transferring to the Hyundai Hotel for the night. On Day 19 we transfer to the airport for our return flight via Moscow to London. (Day 18 - B, L, D, Day 19 - B)
Dates & Prices
Select from the packages below to view prices for this tour.
|17th February 2018||£11,095||Book Now|
Please enter the child's age.
Please enter the children's ages.
Please enter the children's ages.
Please enter the children's ages.
: Departs 17th February 2018 (£11,095)
Register for Free Notification of 2019 Dates & Prices
Enter your details below if you would like to be notified when 2019 dates and prices are available for Premium Trans-Siberian Express in Winter.
Prices are land-only, per person based on double occupancy. Prices are correct at the time of this web page going live; however are subject to confirmation at time of booking.
Foreign Travel Advice
The Foreign Office issues regular advice and updates on safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health advise. Please check this information on their website www.gov.uk or contact the FCO Travel Advice Unit on 0845 850 2829 before you travel.
Holidays By Rail cares about your safety.